Wet Services Engineering
Polygon’s Wet services engineers design systems that are essential for providing a reliable supply of clean water, managing wastewater and sewage, and maintaining optimal environmental conditions. Our Wet services are a crucial aspect of building design and construction, ensuring the functionality, comfort, and safety of occupants.
Key components and aspects of our mechanical engineering wet services to our clients include:
Water Supply Systems:
- Potable Water Supply: Designing systems to deliver safe and clean drinking water to various points within a building, including faucets, showers, and other water outlets.
- Hot Water Supply: Designing water heating systems to provide hot water for industrial, commercial and residential use.
- Fire Sprinkler Systems: Designing and installing automatic fire sprinkler systems that use water to suppress or extinguish fires in the event of an emergency.
Drainage and Sewage Systems:
- Sanitary Drainage: Designing systems to efficiently transport wastewater from fixtures (sinks, toilets, showers etc) to the main sewage system or treatment facility.
- Stormwater Drainage: Designing systems to manage rainwater runoff and prevent flooding by directing stormwater away from the building and its surroundings.
- Onsite Wastewater Treatment: Designing systems for treating and disposing of wastewater on-site, such as septic systems.
- Greywater Recycling: Developing systems to treat and reuse non-potable water from sources like sinks and showers for irrigation or flushing toilets.
Water Conservation and Efficiency:
- Water Recycling: Implementing systems that capture, treat, and reuse rainwater or greywater for non-potable purposes, reducing overall water consumption.
- Low-Flow Fixtures: Selecting and installing water-efficient fixtures like low-flow faucets, toilets, and showers to minimize water usage.
Specialized Water Systems:
- Swimming Pool and Spa Systems: Designing water treatment and circulation systems for pools and spas to maintain water quality and safety.
- Fountain and Water Feature Systems: Designing decorative water features that enhance the aesthetics of a building or landscape.
Cooling Towers and Cooling Systems:
- Cooling Tower Systems: Designing systems that use water to remove excess heat from industrial processes or HVAC systems.
- Cooling Systems: Developing systems that use water for cooling purposes in air conditioning and refrigeration.
Our Wet services engineers have a deep understanding of fluid dynamics, plumbing codes, environmental regulations, and sustainable design principles. Collaborating with our clients, architects, civil engineers, and other professionals, our Wet services engineers ensure that buildings have efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible water management systems that contribute to the health, comfort, and overall functionality of the built environment.
Interested in our services, fill in a few details and we will get in touch with you.