Polygon’s mechanical engineering services offers lubrication design and installations to provide proper lubrication to machinery and mechanical components in various industries. Lubrication is essential for reducing friction, wear, and heat generation between moving parts, thereby extending the lifespan and maintaining the efficiency of machines and equipment.
Key aspects of mechanical engineering lubrication design and installation includes:
- Choosing the appropriate lubricants based on factors such as the type of machinery, operating conditions, temperature, load, and speed.
- Designing and implementing various lubrication systems, including manual, centralized, and automatic systems.
- Centralized systems involve delivering lubricants from a central source to multiple points using pumps and distribution lines.
- Automatic systems include methods such as drip lubrication, oil mist systems, and spray lubrication.
Components and Accessories:
- Selecting and installing components like lubrication pumps, reservoirs, filters, valves, fittings, and lubricant level indicators.
Bearings and Gears:
- Designing lubrication systems that cater to the specific needs of bearings, gears, and other moving parts, ensuring proper lubricant application and circulation.
- Implementing seals and gaskets to prevent lubricant leakage and contamination, ensuring effective lubrication over time.
Temperature and Viscosity Control:
- Incorporating measures to manage lubricant temperature and viscosity to optimize its performance and longevity.
Monitoring and Maintenance:
- Integrating sensors and monitoring systems to assess lubricant levels, quality, and equipment condition.
- Establishing maintenance schedules for lubricant replacement, filter changes, and system inspections.
Grease and Oil Lubrication:
- Designing systems for both grease and oil lubrication based on the specific needs of the equipment.
- Grease lubrication involves applying semi-solid lubricants to moving parts, while oil lubrication involves delivering liquid lubricants through various methods.
- Ensuring that lubricants used are compatible with the environment and do not pose risks to workers, surrounding areas, or the equipment itself.
- Designing lubrication systems for specialized machinery, such as high-speed equipment, heavy machinery, and equipment in extreme environments.
- Designing lubrication systems that minimize energy consumption while maintaining effective lubrication, contributing to overall equipment efficiency.
Our engineers focus on properly designed lubrication installations that enhance equipment reliability, reduce maintenance costs, and improve overall operational efficiency. Polygon’s solutions work to ensure that machinery functions smoothly, minimizes downtime, and meets safety and performance standards.
Interested in our services, fill in a few details and we will get in touch with you.